EON launches Advisory Council for CircularID™ Protocol
EON has launched the CircularID™ Protocol Advisory Council to oversee governance and further development of the CircularID Protocol, the global data protocol for digital identification of products in the circular economy.
Developed by EON in collaboration with industry leaders from across the global fashion supply chain and with support from Laudes Foundation, the CircularID Protocol was introduced as a pilot version in 2020. The CircularID Protocol Advisory Council will use insights from the pilot version to oversee, review and approve Version 1.0 of the Protocol, slated for launch in October.
According to Annie Gullingsrud, EON Chief Strategy Officer, EON drove development of the CircularID™ Protocol to ensure the availability of a scalable, consistent format for product and material level data that would enable brands to create digital versions of products that are universally accessible for data exchange with a network of recommerce and recycling partners.
“The CircularID™ Protocol is a mission-critical piece of enabling infrastructure for brands to thrive in the emerging economy of circular, connected products,” Gullingsrud said. “We are proud to establish the CircularID™ Protocol Advisory Council to oversee the CircularID Protocol. This independent governance will help to ensure the Protocol is— and remains— scalable, openly accessible to all, and fully reflective of the industry’s needs now and in the future.”
Comprised of representatives from across the industry, including experts and leaders in standards and certifications, policy, digital strategy, commercial recommerce and retail, the CircularID Protocol Advisory Council is the decision-making body responsible for the maintenance and revision of the CircularID Protocol.
CircularID Protocol Advisory members are:
- Reid Jackson - Vice President, Corporate Development at GS1 US
- Veda Banerjee - Communications Director, California League of Conservation Voters and formerly Communications Director at Goodwill
- Maria Teresa Pisani - Head of Sustainable Trade and Outreach at the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- Raymond Randall - Managing Principle at Waste Management (non-voting member)
- Katie Shaw - Chief Programme Officer at Open Apparel Registry
- Joel Mertens - Director of Higg Product Tools at the Sustainable Apparel Coalition
- Kristen Kern - Government Relations Representative at the American Apparel and Footwear Association
- Annie Gullingsrud - Chief Strategy Officer at EON